Bootle FC install new 'hybrid pitch' at home ground


Bootle FC install new 'hybrid pitch' at home ground

by Tom Martin (June 2020)

BOOTLE FC has installed a state of the art ‘hybrid pitch’ at their Berry Street Garage Stadium.

Hybrid grass, or reinforced natural grass, is a product created by combining natural grass with synthetic reinforcing fibres.

The new pitch is part of a pilot scheme supported by Sport England, the Football Foundation, the Football Association and the Liverpool County FA.

A complete renovation of the pitch has since been undertaken with a completely new drainage system, a full irrigation system, including pop up sprinkler heads, installed.

The Bucks' new hybrid pitch consists of a stitched carpet of ‘grass’ fibres that is 5% of the overall coverage with the remaining 95% being grass, with similar pitches currently being used by top European clubs.

A club statement reads: "Bootle Football Club are delighted to announce a new state of the art hybrid pitch has been installed as part of a pilot scheme supported by Sport England, the Football Foundation, the Football Association and with support from the Liverpool County FA.

"The investment and state of the art pitch means that once social distancing guidelines are relaxed and we return to football the hybrid pitch will allow us to hold more games on the main pitch and include training, small sided games and leagues with plenty of community use.

"The pitch will allow us to generate extra income to facilitate the growth of the club both on and off the pitch and allow us to become a much bigger club out in the community.”

While the Bucks are also keen to hear from local clubs, leagues and community groups over the using the facility, and are also keen to add a groundsman to the club's staffing roster in the coming weeks.

Search for news

Latest News