NHS chiefs have warned that hand sanitiser can explode in hot cars, setting them ablaze!
A spokesperson for the NHS said: “We have received a number of reports of alcohol-based hand sanitiser being the cause of fires when left in vehicles in hot weather.
“The sanitiser can become heated resulting in flammable vapours released which can then ignite setting fire to flammable components within the car.
“Remove all alcohol-based hand sanitiser products from vehicles when they are not occupied, do not leave hand sanitiser in un-attended vehicles.
“You should continue to use hand sanitiser as part of your hygiene routine where you cannot use soap and water.”