Two men remain under investigation as part of murder probe

Two men remain under investigation as part of murder probe

by Tom Martin (August 2022)

TWO men remain under police investigation after a man was found dead in a Southport flat.

The Champion reported last week how police launched a murder probe after the body of a 57-year-old man was found at an address on Bath Street on Sunday, July 24.

In an update issued by police on Monday, August 1, they said  two men, aged 51 and 54,  who were arrested a day after the body was found, have been released on bail.

Police have also said that the results of a post mortem can’t be revealed yet due to pending toxicology reports.

A spokesperson said: “Our enquiries continue and anyone with information can contact @MerPolCC or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 22000533612.”



Earn extra cash by delivering the Champion Newspaper

Search for news

Popular in the last 7 days